Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dismantling the Former Kitchen Area

The Kitchen Demolition Begins

I have no idea how they got that huge sink/metal cabinet combination in here! After disconnecting the drain and water supply, we had to take a reciprocating saw to it to get it out! And I thought we could salvage it and resell it!
I figured out how the upper cabinet was attached to the wall by trial and error. Chris was ready to yank it off the wall with a crow bar but I wanted to salvage it for use in my basement workshop. I unscrewed all the screws I could find inside the cabinet but it was still tightly attached to the wall. I figured there had to be some “invisible” brackets holding it up – what else could it be?! So I pushed up on the whole unit and it slid a bit. Hooray! Chris & I got under it, pushed up with our shoulders and it slid right off the wall. It took longer to figure out the bracket system than to remove it! We carried it down to the basement and cleaned up the demo site.

No comments:

Post a Comment